Saturday, February 19, 2011

Introducing Lilies and Dandelions Blog


 Hello Everyone!
I wanted to take the time to introduce to you a new blog that I think you will all enjoy....
I asked Brianna, the author of Lilies and Dandelions, if she could tell us a little bit about herself....

I am a 25 year old wife and mother of two boys.  We live in the suburbs of San Diego...  I must stress suburbs because we are definitely more country than near the ocean :-).  I have been interested in interior design and home decor even as a little girl. I would often rearrange my bedroom furniture and persuade my sweet Dad to repaint my walls -- yet again!  Both sets of my Grandparents were born and raised in Europe.  I started a few years ago framing their old sheet music, or using an old piano bench as furniture, etc.  I wanted to look around my home and feel my family around me, instead of purchasing something that has been recently mass produced and sold everywhere.  It thrilled me to take an object that would be completely valueless to someone else and re-purpose it, because I could remember sweet moments with that person (or imagine the stories that it may have).  I cannot tell you how much I've enjoyed reading all of these blogs.  For so long now, I haven't been able to pin down a name for my design style (and I probably still can't) but I see so many people that have the same idea that I do.  It has only been a few months, but I already have been inspired to begin so many more projects around my house, and incorporate all of my "treasures" in them!  I wanted to create this blog to share some ideas that I may have and meet new friends that have the same common interest as me...  to create more than just a living space, but a home that invites our family and friends and makes us all feels so comfortable, airy and bright.  


I already love Brianna's blog...
I think you will too.




The winner will receive one bag of lavender that is made from an antique french towel.
The bag is filled with 3/4 of a pound of dried organic lavender.


Six lavender sachets for the dryer...


 A bundle of dried organic Lavender


and a Restoration Hardware pillow....


Thank you Brianna!

I hope you will get a chance to welcome Brianna into the world of blogging!


On another note....
I am sorry I haven't been able to get back to everyone this past month....
I have had to take some time away from my blog these past couple of weeks.....
Unfortunately my family came down with a really bad flu virus this month, we have had a terrible time getting over this virus....
I am really hoping and praying we are now on the road to being healthy again.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend and are staying healthy!
Take Care,
Maria

No comments: